Day 1 : Cochin to Munnar (135 kms / 3.30 – 4 hrs)
Arrive Cochin Airport / Ernakulam Railway station and drive to Munnar.
Enroute see Spice Plantations, Cheeyappara Water Falls, Valara Water Falls etc
Arrive and check into the hotel, rest of the day at Leisure after long journey.
Day 2 : Munnar sight seeing
Optional Activities at Munnar : Motor boat or speedboat ride at Mattupetty Dam, Kundala Lake, Elephant Safari, Horse ride at Kundala, Trekking, Ayurveda Massage etc.
Shopping : Tea, coffee, Spices
Day 3 : Munnar to Thekkady (110 kms / 3.30 hrs)
- After breakfast proceeds for Munnar sightseeing by around 8 – 8.30 am.
- visit Eravikulam National Park which is also known as Rajamala, the natural habitat of Nilgiri Thar. Nilgiri Thar can be observed very closely here, you have to walk some time to see the animal
- Afternoon visit Mattupetty dam, Echo point and Kundala Lake. Boating facilities are available at Mattupetty Dam and Kundala Lake. While coming back visit flower garden. Evening free for shopping. Overnight at hotel :
Optional activities at Thekkady : Spice Plantation tour, Ayurveda Massage, Martial Arts Kalaripayattu Show, Kathakali show, Elephant ride etc.
Shopping : Tea, Coffee, Spices, Antiques etc.
Day 4 : Thekkady to Alleppey Houseboat (160 kms / 4 – 4.30 hrs)
- After breakfast checkout from hotel by 8- 8.30 am and drive to Thekkady which is also known as Periyar. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the world’s most fascinating natural wildlife reserves.
- Main attraction at Thekkady is Boating at lake Periyar. This is the only wild life sanctuary in India where you can have the unique experience of viewing wildlife at close from the safety of a boat on the lake. The probable animals to watch are Bison, Gaur, Wild Elephants, Sambhar and a wide variety of birds. If interested book tickets online at http://www.ktdc-boating.com/ (for afternoon 3.30 pm )
- After breakfast checkout from hotel by 8 – 8.30 and drive to Alleppey backwaters. Arrive and check in to Houseboat which is also called as Kettuvallom (the boat will ready around 1200 hrs) and begin your journey through the picturesque backwaters and small lakes of Kerala.
- Houseboat package will be like :
|Check-in and welcome drinks
||1200 PM– can check in any time after 12
||12.00 pm – 1.30pm
||1.30 pm – 3.00pm (anchored)
||3.00 pm – 5.30pm
|Tea & Snacks
|Anchored for night stay
||5.30 pm – 6.30pm
||8.00 pm – 9.00pm
||8.00 am – 9.00am
In AC Deluxe Houseboats, the Air Conditioner is installed in the bedroom and it will switch on from 9 PM to 6 AM only.
In premium boats, full time ac will provide in bedroom. this cost around Rs. 2000 extra per room to Deluxe boats.
Day 4 : Alleppey to Cochin departure
End of a fabulous Holiday !
- After breakfast checkout from houseboat by 9 am
- If interested visit Alleppey beach
- Come to Cochin (1.30 hrs) – if time permit do sight seeing – interesting places to see are St Francis Church, Fort Cochin, Chinese fishing nets, Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue, Jew street etc and later drop at Airport (1.30 hrs) or Railway station.